Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Watch the video below. Pay close attention to these specific gods and goddesses: Zeus, Ares, Apollo, Poseidon, Hermes, Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite. Take short notes on their special powers and different characteristics. There will be a series of questions after viewing the video.



     
     
    Please answer the following questions in complete sentences. 


    1. Who is your favorite Greek god or goddess? Why?
    2.  What are their special powers and attributes?
    3. If you were a Greek god, what would your special powers be? What weapons would you have, or would you not have any at all?
    4. Which Greek god are you most similar to?
    5. If you had to choose one Greek god or goddess to be the only one that existed, who would you choose? Explain.
    6. What Greek god or goddess is your least favorite? Why?




    www.thehistorychannel.com


    9 comments:

    1. My favorite Greek god is Poseidon because he is the god of the oceans had the is my favorite place on Earth. If i were a greek god, my power would be to read minds and understand women. I am most similar to Zeus because i am the ruler of my castle ( just don't tell my wife). I would choose Poseidon because the ocean is powerful and we need it under control. Aries is my least favorite because he is the god of war.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Greg- Thank you for completing the assignment! I have to agree, I wish I was able to read minds as well. It would make our job as a pedagog that much simpler!

        Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Alexa, I like how you included a brief synopsis of each god in your first post. You explained each god's role, good and bad and then asked the students (in question 5) to evaluate these characteristics and chose what they feel is the most important. I like that this question asks the students to explore their own values to answer the question. I also think the information in your blog is very well organized and the directions are clear.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Lauren- Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you noticed my intentions of having the student use their personal feelings when completing the assignment.

        Delete
    4. Alexa, I loved how you describe each of the different gods/goddesses. I feel like the students will have to a fun time describing the greek god/goddess and why.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Julianne- Thank you for your feedback. My hopes were to make this an assignment where the student would be able to have fun while doing this activity but continuing to stay focused. I really enjoyed your blog and how well it was put together.

        Delete
    5. We all know that I actually responded to these questions at first!! My commentary is that this is a great blog, that obviously engages learners, I answered! haha The videos are a great idea, the questions are personally connecting and open-ended. I think kids would love it.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I enjoyed the video and I liked how you gave the students a activity while watching the video. This allows the students to pay closer attention to the video when an objective is given. I also like how the questions were student based and allowed for them to use their imagination.

      ReplyDelete